The JoomlaHotel module shaker is a meta module (Module which shows another module) that uses jQuery to visually shake the module from side to side. Animation is smooth, and the number of shakes, along with the shake range (how much movement there is) is defineable, along with the delay between each set of shakes.
- Module class suffix - This allows the user to add additional class suffixes to the module. In order for the shake effect to occurr however, the class jhShake_module MUST be included in this field. Further more, it MUST BE preceded by a space. As an example:
The following values WILL result in the choosen module shaking as expected: (All without quote marks)
- Module ID - This is the ID of the module that you want to apply the shake to (The target module). Note that the module will appear in the position defined in mod_shaker NOT where the target module is set to appear. Target modules do not need to be published in order for the shaker module to function correctly
- Shake count - The number of times the module will shake from left to right after each time interval. Default is 3
- Shake distance - This is the amount the module shakes. A larger number will result in a bigger shake effect. With modules generally appearing in the left or right columns of templates, its best to keep this value in the range of 1-6 to avoid the parts of the module being hidden momentarily when shaking. This is especially true when the target module has a border. Default is 5
- Time between shakes - This is the delay in milliseconds between each shake. Default is 5000 (5 seconds)
- Use target module name - This allows the shaker module to inherit the name of the target module. Setting this oiption to "No" will result in the shaker modules title being used
- Stop shaking link - If this option is set to "Yes" it will display a link at the bottom of the module to allow the user to stop the module shaking. The link shown is just a simple method of showing that the module can be made to stop shaking. Infact clicking anywhere on the module will stop the shaking process. Default is "Yes"
- Play nice with mooTools - If you have mootools running on your site (Which you almost certainly will if you are using Joomla 1.5.20 or later) Then this needs to be set to "Yes" in order for the shake effect to work